ever sought revenge? As the old adage goes, do you think that living
well is the best revenge?
I think it's best to be the better person, as hard as that can be, and
I do think that living your own life the best way you can is super
2. Cliques and mean girls are everywhere. At book signings I've had
everyone from 12 year old girls to 45 year old women tell me they
still encounter them. Do you? How has it changed since you were a
It's more subtle as you get older, but yes, the mean girls are still
out there! But luckily, there are also loads of amazing and truly
sweet women too.
3. I have a "Writing Music" playlist on my iPod. What would be on
yours? What one song or artist captures the essence of your book?
The Only Exception by Paramore, for sure!
4. What do you tell people is your favorite book/author? Now what is
your "real" favorite book/author. (i.e. I tell people Pale Fire by
Nabokov is my fave, but right now I'm really
into Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea.)
I can't pick a favorite book or author--I love too many books (and
authors) to ever pick one and every time I'm asked this question I
feel so bad that I can't answer but in a world filled with so many
great books and authors, how can I pick only one?
5. If you could swap lives with anyone for a day, who would it be and why?
I'm pretty happy with my own life, actually.
6. Who would be in your dream cast if your book was made into a movie
or television series? (And multimillion dollar salaries were no
issue--they'd all do it for free!)
If someone wanted to turn Between Here and Forever into a movie, I'd
be so thrilled I wouldn't care who got cast!
7. As a publicist, I know that it's important for every novel to have
journalistic hook. For The Lost Sister, it's mean girls, bullies and
hazing. What's yours?
Small towns, secrets, and finding love.
8. Just because it hasn't been asked yet, favorite 1980's movie?
Oh, I don't know--probably Empire Strikes Back. I wanted to marry Han
Solo for years after that movie!
9. Why should I choose your book for my book club?
If you like stories about sibling relationships--and, of
course--falling in love--then you should check Between Here and
10. I'm a huge and fabulously powerful movie producer and you have 30
seconds (an elevator pitch) to sell me on why your book is great and
should be made into a movie. Go!
I wish I'd make a pitch, but I'd probably either ask you about your
upcoming movie. Or try and figure out how much work you've had done on
your face. (!!!)
Thursday, June 9, 2011
I am so overdue with my GCC Blog tours. Please forgive my time away from here. I've been so busy with DEAR BULLY, the anti-bullying anthology that comes out in August, that I've been so neglectful (is that a word?) of my personal blog. So, apologies to everyone!!! I'm actually going to be touring Jessica Brody NEXT week (even though I was supposed to do it THIS week), but right now I'm going to tour Elizabeth Scott, because I was supposed to tour her LAST week.
(Confusing, I know... welcome to my life!)
So, first things first, WELCOME, ELIZABETH SCOTT to my humble web page/blog. Here is a pic of her beautiful book cover for her latest book, BETWEEN HERE AND FOREVER.
Here's a little about the book:
1. First topic: Revenge. What is your experience with it? Have you