Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

GCC Tours Jennifer Echols, GOING TOO FAR


This week I'm touring the incredible Jennifer Echols. Jennifer has written The Ex-Games, Major Crush and The Boy Next Door. Her latest book, GOING TOO FAR, has already received rave reviews from authors and reviewers alike. Here's a little more information about Jennifer, as well as my Q&A with her.

GOING TOO FAR

When love crosses the line…where do you stop?

From popular author Jennifer Echols comes a touching and romantic story about a troubled teenager and a rookie cop who just might be able to save each other—if they can save themselves first...


HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO?


All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far… and almost doesn’t make it back.

John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won’t soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won’t be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge—and over…

Taking readers on an unforgettable journey through the lingering effects of loss and the redemptive power of love, Going Too Far will appeal to fans of powerful and poignant teen novels by Deb Caletti and Sarah Dessen.

Jennifer Echols has written two romantic comedies entitled Major Crush and The Boys Next Door. She currently lives in Birmingham, Alabama.

“Naughty in all the best ways, Echols’s Going Too Far is the perfect blend of romance, wit, and rebelliousness. I loved it!” - Niki Burnham, author of Royally Jacked and Sticky Fingers

“Jennifer Echols has crafted a brave and powerful story, searingly romantic and daring, yet also full of hilarious moments. Meg’s voice will stay in your head long after the intense conclusion.” - R. A. Nelson, author of Teach Me and Breathe My Name

“Echols is a tremendously talented writer with a real gift for developing relationships between her characters.” - Romantic Times Magazine

“Jennifer Echols deals with the limits of life and shocking everyone in Going Too Far, a novel readers won’t want to put down.” - Teens Read Too

GOING TOO FAR by Jennifer Echols

March 17, 2009

MTV Books/Pocket Books, a division of Simon & Schuster

ISBN-10: 1416571736;
ISBN-13: 978-1416571735

MY Q & A with Jennifer!!!

Do you (or did you ever) have a writing group? Who are the first people to read your book once it’s completed?

I don’t have a group, but I do have two awesome critique partners.

What writers do you consider your “sisters”? Are there any published writers that you hang out or tour with a lot? Call? Email? IM?
Victoria Dahl is one of my critique partners. We probably call, email, or IM each other at least 10 times a day.

Who do you find yourself being compared to or are often put together with in reading lists or book clubs?

My first two books get compared to the Simon Pulse and the Harper Teen romantic comedies. GOING TOO FAR is darker, and I’m seeing it grouped with SOMETHING, MAYBE by Elizabeth Scott and PERFECT CHEMISTRY by Simone Elkeles.

What writers do you wish would be in your “clique”?

Jane Austen, E. M. Forster, Jennifer Crusie, William Faulkner, Meg Cabot, and David Levithan.
If someone was going to join your book club, what would be a “must read” in order to join?
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

What was your “initiation” to writing?

Writing many, many books before I finally got one published. I have been through the wringer, believe me.

When did you first feel that you’d officially joined the “published writers’ club”?
I attended a huge national writers’ conference two weeks after I sold my first book. My name tag had “FIRST SALE” printed on it, and so many writers stopped me to congratulate me.

What was your best/worst memory of high school?

Best: I was the drum major of my high school marching band. Band was a trip.

Worst: I sprained my ankle and got a cast. I was deathly afraid I couldn’t be drum major anymore, but I managed to hobble through it.

In SISTERS OF MISERY, the last place new members want to go to is Misery Island. But if you had the choice, what island would you go to and what would you take with you?

I got married on the Hawaiian island of Kauai, and I would love to go back. I don’t need to take anything but my husband.

Finally, what can you tell me about your book? Give me a quick run-down about why I’d want to pick it for my own book club.

In GOING TOO FAR, to avoid prosecution for a high school stunt, a 17-year-old spends her spring break on night patrol with the 19-year-old rookie cop who arrested her and finds herself falling for him. If you love teen romance, give it a try!

1 comments:

Megan, thank you so much for touring me!