Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Info Leaked About New Apple Tablet















Okay, so you can tell that I really, really want one of these bad boys. I haven't been so up on
technology updates since--since--okay, never have I been so interested in tech updates.

Today is the big day. Steve Jobs is going to be unveiling the new Apple tablet or iSlate or iTablet or whatever it's going to be called.

BUT, today on CNBC, McGraw-Hill CEO Terry McGraw may have stolen Apple's thunder by dishing that the iTablet (which is what it's going to be called, according to WPP Group Head, Sir Martin Sorrell) is based on the iPhone platform and will be compatible with iPhone apps and content. There have also been a few photos leaked around the web, but I'm not sure if they are legit.



What I'm wondering is, if it's a phone and a tablet, are people going to be walking around with the tablet like boombox on their shoulders? Or is the iTablet going to be like the cellphones of the eighties. Remember Zach from Saved by the Bell? The one that he used to haul around?


















Pretty strange.

Anyway, most people are advising me to wait for the second generation, but I don't think I have the patience. The only thing that will keep me away is the price tag. And I still have a Kindle to return from Christmas. So, that might help balance out the difference.

Let's stay posted for 1pm eastern time for the BIG announcement.

I just hope that we aren't going to be walking around like this with the new iTablet:

0 comments: